Sunday, October 26, 2008

Czech Glass E-Bead Mix


This E-Bead mix from Joann's is made up of size 2/0 beads. I'm not sure when beads stop being "seed" beads, but the 2/0 size is much larger than a typical seed bead. However, there are plenty of seeds that are even bigger than this such as the pumpkin seed!

I have not attempted to use these beads in a seed bead pattern, but I think it would be a lot of fun. Can you imagine using these in either a flat or tubular peyote stitch? I'm thinking it would be really cool and ultra chunky! These were part of an "aqua" mix and would look cool made into a tubular pattern for about 3 or 4 inches and then strung on a nice fabric cording or heavy faux leather cording as a necklace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like using them in either my bead crochet ropes, or my fuzzy yarn necklaces, since they have much larger holes, and therefore can accommodate thicker threads or yarns :D