Sunday, June 1, 2008

Distracted by Cubes

I know I can't be the only beader who gets distracted by certain shapes, colors or types of beads. For some reason, I can be at the bead shop or craft store and be focused on the projects I'm working on until I encounter a strand or package of cube beads. At that point I can spend at least 10 minutes trying to talk myself out of buying them because I don't need them. By that time I have completely lost track of my mission!!

Today's bead is one of a strand I picked up at Michael's recently. Did I NEED them?...NO! Was I intrigued by their slightly rectangular shape and neat facets?...YES! While they weren't swarovski, there was something art deco or modern about them. I haven't come up with a design to use them in yet, but I'm sure I will.

Take care!!

No comments: