Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine's Day Project FUN!

I'm so excited to share my latest heart-happy jewelry/craft project!

Anytime I can merge crafting with jewelry making, I'm a happy crafter. :)

This is my January project for the Cousin Corporation as one of their jewelry-making ambassadors.

All eight of us received the same instructions...to come up with our own interpretation of Valentine's Day in either a jewelry or non jewelry craft project.

As soon as I saw those instructions, my brain went directly to a project MERGE!

Yay! I have a serious love for paper crafting, but don't seem to have nearly enough time to play with all my supplies and tools.

I checked my paper stash that I received a while back from the DCWV (Die cuts with a view) company and found a great paper stack called Glam Gal that was infused with hearts.

The purple and white really stood out to me. I came close to a one-tear moment when I realized this would also be a mod-podge moment...oh yeah, I do love decopauging!

I gathered my paper crafting supplies and started digging through my Cousin beads and findings looking for just the right pieces and parts. I discovered I had plenty of these black strip connectors that would provide a perfect decopauging surface.

The rest just sort of came together over the next week or so. I was so excited to find I had these great heart charms that really brought it all together. Slightly over the top, but you know how it works when inspiration hits, it's not in your best interest to judge it!

I finished up most of it today and will be shipping it out to Cousin next week along with
instructions.

This really fed my creative spirit and that is what really makes me happy!!

Thanks for allowing me to share my Valentine's Day project journey. :) If you'd like to share your Valentine's Day projects, just leave a link in the comments. 

3 comments:

d'Olivia said...

That is a delightful necklace. I think those flatter long links could also be used for bookmarks? I'll have to check out those black leather links.

Lisa Crone said...

Oh wow, that's a GREAT idea! Love it!

HarryLuper said...

Fantastic blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely confused .. Any ideas? Kudos! best deals melbourne