Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rectangular Brick Bead

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great Saturday!! Today's bead is one that I just picked up recently. I bought an entire strand of miscellaneous rectangular stone beads. Even though the colors are all very diverse, they looked great together because their shape is identical. In addition to the brick-like bead here, the others were in light jade, frosty blue, turquoise, a variety of picture jasper and a matte yellow that looks just like a stick of butter!

It's a great learning experience for beaders who think that colors must be coordinated by being in the same tone or opposites on the color wheel. I like to gauge "togetherness" potential just by playing around with them to see if I get a good feeling about them. I don't think you can always give a logical explanation as to why certain colors, shapes or textures work well together. Sometimes you just have to go with a feeling!

Have a great Saturday.

No comments: