Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Filigree Craftiness

I'm starting to feel the crafty bug come over me! Beading is great, but using beads in a crafty jewelry project just makes me so happy!

I am thinking this filigree piece would make a nice foundation for adding beads and then either using as a pendant or even a focal piece in a bracelet.

If used in a bracelet, I'm thinking it should have two strands connected on each side for stability.

For a look of simplicity, using gold, clear and metallic gold crystals would be SO sparkly!!

As always, I would LOVE to hear your ideas for something crafty using this filigree round, so please comment if you have a minute! :)

6 comments:

Deana Hoppe said...

could you figure out a way to make it a broach? that would look nice on a blazer lapel, fancy for the holidays? maybe try to make it look like a poinsettia flower for x-mas.
hope you are having a great day!
Deana & Summer :o)

I LOVE color! said...

I can see the filigree piece used as the center of a wire wrap ring. You are so clever you will figure it out Be Blessed

Jeannie said...

How many strands would depend on how large the filigree is. If this was my filigree I would make something with polymer clay in fall colors.

Heather said...

I haven't tried it yet, but I've read about filling a filigree with colored resin.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie Cramp said...

I love filigree too. I have been using it recently in some of my own jewelry pieces. Here is a link to one necklace I made with a filigree wrapped pendant. The tile inside is one of my own.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=5224618&id=155664506890&ref=fbx_album
hope you have a look!