Saturday, July 25, 2009

This Week's Project: Crystal Volcano Necklace

This crystal volcano pendant from Artbeads.com is so gorgeous, I am not sure I am doing it justice here. All the colors are gorgeous!! There are so many Swarovski crystal beads to choose from, but this 24mm x12mm pendant really stands out!

I wanted to make something special, but it was important for me to also make something that is wearable!!

This is my favorite necklace design because it is simple, but when you have a great focal bead, the black beading wire sets it off beautifully. These crystal volcano rivoli's are so much fun and add amazing sparkle to this design!!

I hope you are all having a great and crafty weekend!

8 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

I personally don't like too much bling but this is definitely a "I want!"

Azure Accessories said...

You've shown the pendant off to perfection!!! It would have lost it's presence if you had made something less simple!!!
I'm a firm believer that "less is more" sometimes... :0)
Cheers

WireMySoul said...

Less is more works so well with this stunning pendant! I would wear this. In fact, I'd even go buy new clothes that complement it, just so I could wear it more. Gorgeous.

ChezChani said...

You have definitely done it justice. Too much beading would have detracted from the gorgeous crystal.

Just A Tish said...

simple and perfect

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I love this design. I really lets the crystals shine! I've been gone for a few days so I'm catching up. I also love the ring and pendant!

Cyndi L said...

That's a beautiful design for the pendant!

Jeannie said...

Simple and Elegant. That's the way to go.