Thursday, July 16, 2009

Serpentine Jade Possibilities

Today's bead is one that I have had sitting nearby for a couple of months. I think it has a cool, earthy vibe with great colors. Then I catch a glimpse of its reptilian-like nature and it seems a little scary.

Since it has a nice, flat surface, I am thinking about how I can add beads to it as a platform or backdrop to change the look just a bit. I would love to have some knowledge of creating a bezel, but for now, I'd like to figure out how to use wire to add a random twisty effect with some shiny delicas.

As usual, I have a tendency to want to use focal beads like this in bracelets. It would work well wired on to several strands of the faux suede microfiber strands. In that case, adding a variety of matte beads to the front of the bead would work nicely.

So many options, so little time!! Hope everyone is having a great week!!

4 comments:

Made by SwirlyGirl said...

Love the yellow in it! A very earthy, primitive looking bead!

Unkn own said...

Lisa, I really like this bead. I didn't see the scary part until you mentioned it but I agree it is has a wild side!

Just A Tish said...

multi strands is always the best!! I love the wavy cut on those stones. So much potential!

Azure Accessories said...

Great bead...if you enlarge the photo the pendant acutally resembles the head of a snake!

Cheers