Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pink Cube Cuteness

These fiber optic beads have a unique look that is actually created with the same material in fiber optic telephone cables. The quartz fibers are fused and then cut into a wide variety of shapes and sizes. I recently bought some donut shaped fiber optic beads. I need to get those out and post them!

This cube will look great with some shiny silver beads, maybe even that sparkly disc from last week. I'm thinking about sifting through my stash of leftover (lonely) beads in pastel colors to mix with this one for a nice eclectic summery bracelet.

Hope everyone out there is having a great day and maybe even doing some beading tonight!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Cool, I always wondered how they made those beads. I've always liked the fiber optic beads especially when the light hits them.