Sunday, May 25, 2008

For the Love of Palm Trees

Hi everyone! I was so excited about posting the robot bead yesterday, I am posting the weekly bracelet today instead.

I made this week's memory wire bracelet during a trip to Florida. We visited a GREAT bead store in Port Charlotte, Anderson's Bead Room. I hadn't brought any tools or beads since we were only going to be there for 5 days.

Once I noticed they had the black rubber tubing for memory wire, I knew I was going to need to make something! I had seen some design ideas for using this product in a bead magazine and thought it would be a lot of fun. I ended up buying pliers and memory wire cutters so I could make something. Since we were in Florida during a mini-blizzard in Ohio, it seemed appropriate to celebrate the gorgeous green palm trees. This really is a fun product to work with, especially if you like memory wire. It sure felt great wearing this bracelet for the rest of the winter once we returned home. It never failed to remind me of the gorgeous sunshine reflecting off the ocean and the palm trees rustling in the breeze.

Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Leah said...

What a gorgeous bracelet, Lisa!! Love the colors!