Friday, May 2, 2008

Crochet Fun

Yay, it's Friday!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is VERY glad the work week has come to a close! I just realized I missed out on posting this week's bracelet so I thought I'd share a fun one today.

After getting several library books out to learn how to crochet with beads, this was one of my first attempts. In preparation for crocheting with beads, I took a trip to the local bead shop to purchase some of the mix tubes they put together since they always have some fun surprises in them.

This bracelet is the result of using embroidery-like thread and a $3 bead mix along with a single crochet... I still like the outcome.

If you can do a single crochet, you could have an untapped source of jewelry design that you didn't even consider! There are no beading skills involved, just load your beads onto your spool of thread and just pull the bead up the thread as you want to add them. How easy is that?

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: