Thursday, May 8, 2008

Palm Wood Beads

These 3 beads are called "palm wood beads" according to fire mountain gems. I ordered them recently and wasn't really expecting them to be this cool! I sort of expected them to be typical wood beads, but these seem extra special somehow. They are a little larger than expected and very light weight. I had a thought recently about palm trees. I'm not sure if it was a dream or a daydream, but I thought, "if I had a palm tree in my front yard, I would hug it every day".

My personal goal is to move to a warmer climate so, of course, palm trees are usually what I visualize. I think of this often now and get a happy feeling when I think of that hug. I consider using these beads the next best thing. I get to showcase them and also wear my little palm tree friend on my wrist! Life is good!

1 comment:

Bea said...

Aren't they just the best beads? They're so nice for those ethnic chunky earrings -- I can just LOAD 'EM UP and I don't have my earlobes on my shoulders :)