Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dramatic Rectangle

There are so many cool things you can do with this wooden bead, the possibilities are endless. The great thing is, no matter what you make, it will have a hip/mod flair to it.

When I first placed this on top of my wrist I began thinking about how I could use this as a photo frame. I then thought about using it as a frame for a great rectangular art glass bead. Then I thought about weaving a bunch of colorful seed beads inside the frame in sort of a free form wave.

Once you figure out how you want the focal piece to work, again there are SO many possibilities for the remaining wrist band. Should it be a band, a chain, several beaded strands....?

Phew, I'm really undecided. The strand came with 4 or 5 pieces, so I need to chill out and just make something!!

I hope you all have had a great weekend!! Take care! If you have any ideas for this one, please feel free to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I really like this one. But then, I'm partial to squares and such.