Monday, September 3, 2012

Shrinky Dink Play Time

I had a chance to work on shrinky dinks this weekend, yay!

A friend had seen my Bohemian Rhapsody bracelet with lyrics from the song on a shrinky dink and said her daughter would love that.

Her eleven year old is currently taken by the "boy band" One Direction.

So, I had fun playing around a little and will be stringing this focal up on a cute one strand stretchy bracelet for her.

I made a couple more that I'll make into backpack tags or zipper pulls she can give to her friends. The topcoat is drying now, so I should be able to put it together tomorrow. If you are interested in shrinky dinks, here's a previous post with more info.

6 comments:

Chelle said...

I remember making things with shrinky dinks back in the day.. How fun.

Lacey said...

I have never used shrinky dinks. I feel as though I've missed out on something grand! Now I'll have to go buy some and play. Anybody know where I can get some?

Lisa Crone said...

I first used them when I was little too for holiday ornaments. They are way too fun to limit to one season! Lacey, I highly recommend it! Should be able to find at Joanns or Michaels.

Lacey said...

Lisa, do you have to use the oven? Could you use a heat gun instead?

Lisa Crone said...

Hi Lacey! They work perfectly in a toaster oven..about 3 minutes is all it takes. But, you can use a heat gun if that's easier for you. They have a tendency to want to fly around a little with a heat gun so experiment with something to hold it in place. Most importantly...enjoy the magic!

Mejacook@aol.com said...

We cannot wait to see the final product! You are amazing, Lisa! Love, Maria and Katie