Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gotta Have Earrings too!

I loved wearing the filigree bracelet yesterday and started making more dangles to add last night. :)

Then I thought earrings would be nice too! Sometimes after making a new bracelet I don't feel the need to have them because I can just grab a pair I already have in black, crystal or pearl.

For this special bracelet it felt like I needed to use the same beads so it seemed like a matched set. These days I like to follow my instincts more often than not, so here's how it worked out.

YES, I'm still stuck on the 12 bead bauble! You probably find that as no big surprise if you stop here occasionally. I do have a tendency to get fixated on things...sometimes it's the bauble or right angle weave in general, hemp cord, glitter, druzy's, shrinky dinks or mod podge just to name a few...

So, today I have a nice new set of jewelry for fall, yay!

2 comments:

Kepi said...

Love the bracelet and the earrings too. Really pretty.

mano.business said...

Different types of jewelry will need different care while you are away, and it is a good idea to store any of your more expensive pieces in a safe when you are not wearing them. Gold is a long lasting metal which is extremely durable; however, it can become scratched and dented if not handled carefully. Gold jewelry should ideally be stored in a jewelry box, but while away, you could wrap pieces individually in soft cloths to protect them and minimize the chances of the getting scratched. Gold jewelry should be removed before using swimming pools and hot tubs as chlorine can weaken the gold and lead to breakages.