Sunday, June 16, 2013

Art Glass Inspired Project

I am happy to be able to share my bead and button show project with you finally!

The Cousin Corporation creative circle ambassadors received a project assignment back in January for the months of February and March.

Two whole months to select beads, design and submit an attention getting piece...something out of the ordinary that wouldn't be considered an everyday look. It would then be displayed in the PrimaBead booth at the Bead and Button show in June.

This project now holds a special place in my heart because of the circumstances surrounding its creation.When I returned from my trip to visit Cousin headquarters in February, I was met at home with some unfortunate news.

My 18 year old sweet baby bichon was not doing very well. He had become sick while I was gone and, while we thought he would make it a few more months to his 19th birthday, his little body was ready to call it a quits and we had to say goodbye.

I was devastatingly sad and seemed to have lost my creative inspiration. I stared at my beads and tried to bring my design to fruition, but nothing seemed to work. The first weekend without our boy, I decided a trip to an art museum was needed so I could find some inspiration.

We visited the Toledo Ohio Art Museum and as soon as we walked into the glass pavilion, there it was...a gorgeous work of art that covered the entire wall.

As soon as I saw this glass piece by Dominick Labino, I knew I had seen what I needed to see. I realized then I wanted to figure out a way to create rectangular blocks out of the beads I ordered weeks before.

They were, in fact, the PERFECT beads to represent this piece of art. I love it when the universe shows me it has my back and as long as I just move forward in faith, all things will work out as they should.

I hope the inspiration comes through so you can see what I had in mind or actually, what the universe decided was best for me and this project. :)

4 comments:

Naomi Rose Designs said...

I'm so sorry about your fur friend.

Your piece here is lovely!

Chelle said...

Sorry to hear about your fur baby.. Mine just passed this past Feb and I was devastated.

Kokopelli said...

Really not an everyday piece of work! Beautiful! And I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby. So hard to loose one of them.

Lisa Crone said...

Aw, thank you all so much. That means a lot. Time heals and is about the only thing that does.