Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stones for Summer or for Fall?

Why do these stones make me think fall? They aren't necessarily all earthy colors, but there is something about them that makes me think "sweaters" and "jackets" are required.

This year I am going to strive to come up with a new design for these. Last year and even the year before I got hooked on using these with glass pearls and a little bit of swarovski sparkle. I might use the same beads, but the same old design is ready to be retired for a while.

I love finding contrasting colored glass beads to complement these stones. You know, now that I am looking at these, I think these could actually have been made into great summer jewelry designs.

Hmm, I might have to rethink my whole stone philosophy! Do you have a stone philosophy or do you use them in every design and every season?

2 comments:

Just A Tish said...

there is something about a turquoise color that makes me think of fall. maybe it is the fall sky. They are always the clearest skies, with no haze or humidity to get in the way.

Regina said...

My stone philosophy, I love stones! I use them all the time, all seasons, in fact I can be a little snobbish about stones. Just begining to warm up to glass beads after all this time... I think seeing some of the beautiful jewelry created by fellow bead bloggers is making me rethink glass beads.