I wanted to put together a quick overview of what I have learned as a result:
- Learn the basics first such as conditioning your clay and baking, etc. before you get started
- YouTube videos offer many tutorials
- http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/ for tutorials and message board format
- Books, books, books!
- Take a "basics" class
- Trial and error is great way to discover your own style
- Cindy Lietz Blog with a new video every Friday
- Join a local clay guild
- Purchase step by step tutorials on Etsy
- Buy a polymer clay oven (use your 40% off Joann's coupon)
- Try different clays before buying a bunch to determine which you like best
- Sand baked pieces with wet sand paper from the hardware store and rub w/denim
- Sanding/buffing and use of transluscent clay
The most surprising was the POLYMER CLAY OVEN!! Seriously, where have I been? This was news to me or if I knew about this before, I blotted it out of my memory. Very interesting! Who doesn't love a new appliance?
Yay, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!