Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Good Friend Memory Wire!

I took a trip down memory lane when I selected this package of memory wire from Artbeads.com.

I sort of knew I wanted to try using memory wire with the crystals I selected, but I took some time to look through the wire & chain section of the catalog first.

After making myself crazy over ALL the possibilities, I stuck with my good old friend!

I'll never forget the first time I discovered memory wire! It was probably 20 years ago and as a new beader, I was getting bored with regular stringing.

I picked up the Joann, Etc. magazine and inside was a memory wire project for kids using rainbow colored 6/0 e-beads in a random pattern. I had never seen memory wire before and thought it looked like so much fun.

The girls in the magazine were making 2 strand bracelets if I remember correctly. I bought the memory wire and the 6/0 e-beads and loved them, but thought they seemed a little bit juvenile for me to wear to work.

It was then I discovered the tiny metallic beads in the embroidery area of the craft store. A whole new world opened up and I began making 6 strand memory wire bracelets strung in a variety of patterns using those tiny metallic and matte seed beads.

Since I have worked in the same place for 20 years, I often run into people who have told me they still have and wear those memory wire bracelets that I made like a mad-person so long ago and gave to anyone I came in contact with! Hmm...maybe it's time to try making one just for old time sake.

As you know, sometimes something old becomes new again!! :)

FTC compliance disclosure: the items in this post from Artbeads.com were provided as a promotional gift as part of their bead blogger program for review or design purposes.

4 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Memory wire is such a neat product! Have fun beading new designs!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love memory wire, too!

xox jean

Jenni said...

Memory is so versatile, I really love using it too. Now and again I like finding new things... ribbon, cord, leather... but usually always end up enjoying using memory wire the most! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for your time and efforts to have put these things together on this blog site. That i very much loved your ideas through your own articles over certain things. I am aware that you have a number of demands in your schedule therefore the fact that an individual like you took as much time just like you did to guide people just like us via this article is also highly liked.http://www.lovebeads-us.com/beads