Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How to use a Blown Glass Bead

I just love these blown glass beads and bought a package of 4 of them a while back. I used one of them very simply by running a black faux leather cording through it and knotting it on either side of the bead for a cute choker.

Now I'm not sure how to use the other three. They are substantial in size, similar to a cherry tomato and they seem slightly fragile. I am hesitant to try using them in a fun, chunky bracelet.

I'd LOVE to hear your ideas or see examples of ways you have used them if you are willing to share!! :)

By the way, it's back to the drive-in movie this weekend, but we won't know what's playing until Friday! I hope you are all having a great week and FUN summer!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I made a pair of earrings with a couple small orange ones, they turned out very well. I'm afraid they would get broken in a bracelet. Your simple cord necklace is a great idea~

Helmitarha said...

I also made a pair of earrings with similar red beads. By the way, they look great on a simple chain as well. And you can add other beads with large holes on both sides to compliment the focal one.

steufel said...

I would use one of them as a wire wrapped pendant. They may look fragile but my expierence shows they are pretty robust.

coolmoon said...

I used them in one of my spiral rope necklaces as accent to the large porcelain focal. There's probably photo of it in my Facebook photos somewhere!

Miss Val's Creations said...

They could be used in a necklace with 1 bead in the center followed by small complementing beads. Then add the other 2 on either side to balance the necklace.

WireMySoul said...

I'd love to see them used as the ends of a shorter lariat necklace!

d'Olivia said...

I've used them as focal beads in a necklace. I'm sure they are beautiful in earrings, too! I've been told not to use them in bracelets, due to breakage concerns, though I'm sure they'd need a good whacking before anything happened.

silver wedding ring said...

One of the nice thing in this summer is my stumbling upon your great site. Keep up the good work.