Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Time to Make VACATION Jewelry!

Yay! And, if you didn't catch that....

...YAY!!!!!...

I am so grateful the planets have aligned and a vacation is on the horizon. It's been a long time coming, which is also what makes it bittersweet.

For the last 5 or so years, we've had our little senior doggies that we didn't want to leave behind, even for a vacation.

That's the bittersweet part...This is week 7 after saying goodbye to our sweet baby bichon, Rudy, who was going to be 19 in July.

He really stuck it out and did great up until the last few months. He had mostly good days, but the not so good ones were hard for all of us. It's been two years already since we said goodbye to our other sweet boy.

I'm not ready to make memory jewelry yet, maybe when summer gets here. For now, though, we're going to do our best to embrace a much needed vacation together. :)

So, I'm thinking colorful, sparkly, fun and smiley vacation jewelry. Ooh, the word "smiley" totally got the wheels turning. I am envisioning any remaining sadness being zapped by a ridiculously sunny smiley bracelet.

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas? I'll take them!

2 comments:

Kokopelli said...

So sad when we loose one of our furbabies. :( It's been over a year now I have to put down my two kitties, but I still miss them. Love the smiley beads!

Lisa Crone said...

Aw, thanks for sharing. I'm just waiting for more time to tick by. :)