Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year, New Color Combos

It's always fun to contemplate new color combinations as seasons change or as we move into a brand new year...yay 2013!

I think the more I say "Yay 2013" the easier it will be to believe it's almost 2013! It's so cliche, but true...time flies!

New color combos, new jewelry designs and of course, new jewelry pieces to wear, will all make the transition so much easier! :)

Back in November, the Cousin Corporation introduced a new line of beads that can be found locally in JoAnn stores. It's called Second Skin.

I received some of the products at that time and the strand shown here really caught my eye.

There's another strand that I'll share tomorrow, that could be combined with these too. I haven't gotten that far in my thought process yet.

Surprisingly, these are acrylic beads and are designed to appear as though they have some wear and tear, sort of a shabby chic or found object look.

The turquoise and purply colors are cool together. I don't think I would have thought about combining these, but I like the vibe. Stable and grounded, yet eclectic.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on creating with these beads...so share 'em if you got 'em!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I really like these. Wish they were available in Canada.

Becky Pancake said...

Great color combo.