Sunday, December 2, 2012

Make the Holidays Bright Project

Yay, my 2012 Holiday Project has materialized! I was inspired to create this project so I had something new to teach for a holiday craft night over the weekend.

Considering I've been making a red/green type project every year for quite a few years, I like to try changing things up as much as possible.

For me, elements of this design are not unusual since I love multiple strands and dangles, but the colors and textures are unique. This design was sort of inspired by the orange/black Halloween project using black craft lace.

All three pieces to this project were found at a local Meijer store on Saturday morning. Yes, I was creating my craft an hour before teaching it! :)

The red craft lace, package of cool acrylic green beads and a bright silver tone toggle clasp are all by the Cousin Corporation. I LOVE being able to see so many of their products in real life. The basic instructions are to cut 4 strands of craft lace, a couple feet each. Knot them to the clasp directly and then just start with one strand, make a knot, slide on the bead, make another knot, to keep the bead fairly secure, etc.

You might have to trim the lace to get the smaller beads on, but it is easy to do. I hope you like it and it makes you SMILE! :)

Before signing off, I also wanted to formally thank my blogging friend and beading pro Tammy Powley for posting an interview with me today on About.com. THANK YOU Tammy! :)

AND, for anyone who hasn't left a comment yet, a beautiful jewelry making "class in a box" kit is up for grabs. Follow this link to leave a comment through Tuesday. A winner will be announced Wednesday and a new kit will be posted for the next giveaway. Yay, love the holidays!

No comments: