Monday, October 22, 2012

Memorialized in Plastic

Who is more fitting to be memorialized in one of my most favorite crafting mediums than Freddie Mercury?! I might have mentioned previously that I've been riding out a current obsession with the band Queen AND the officially sanctioned band, The Queen Extravaganza...

It's beginning to wane slightly, but I just received the platinum 3 CD set of their greatest hits, probably not the best way to back off from an obsession. :)

At this point in life, I am very familiar with how I go through these phases, so I try to enjoy it as much as possible as I ride it out. I used to resist and not really embrace my obsessions. However, whether it's a performer, a band, a bead, a beading technique, a color, a song, a movie, whatever it might be, nowadays, I just enjoy it. I realize now that is what makes me ME! :)

So, back to Freddie! I made some of these pieces just prior to seeing the big screen version of a 1986 concert at the movie theater about a month ago. It reminds me to embrace the unique and special personality of every person I meet. We ALL have something perfect to offer the world.

2 comments:

graypeape said...

Queen is my favorite band, & I was fortunate enough to see them live in 1982. I was 14 & it was only my second concert- they set the bar way too high for any other artist to come close! Needless to say, it was amazing :)

Lisa Crone said...

You are so lucky! :)