Friday, March 31, 2017

It's a jewelry design BLOG HOP!


I do so love a blog hop! As mentioned in my last post, the six Cousin DIY ambassadors received a package containing identical beads just for the fun of seeing everyone's unique design styles. You never know what might happen during the creative process. So fun!

In the bracelet above, I used memory wire to connect to the focal bead since it's pretty lightweight and the beads are a bit heavier. The memory wire helps maintain the structure.

Of course, I think the dangles bring it to life! I've never had a bracelet like this before with faux druzy pieces so I'm excited to wear it. Those druzys are pretty spectacular. :)

This simple silver necklace may end up being my favorite go-to piece for a while.


It's surprisingly striking and would look great at the beach with a bathing suit or on a flowing bright colored blouse. The bright silver spikes make a real statement.

And, speaking of spikes... The necklace below totally makes me laugh. I don't always create jewelry for the humor in it, but it happens.

This one is perfect for a button-up blouse. The focal piece will be nicely framed and when you get a glimpse of the silver and aqua it might even cause a double-take. I think it's the contrast.

Originally I thought there was a fifties vibe with the black and light aqua, but then it took on a life of it's own. I just loaded up long eye pins with the aqua beads to give it structure and added a giant lobster clasp.


Can you tell I'm chuckling? I don't know why, but it really makes me laugh. Haha! :) It's beachy, but something about the black shamballa beads gives it a little extra dose of fun. What do you think?

Thanks for following along on our little experiment. Each ambassador will be posting their results in the very near future too. Their links are below. Have a great weekend!!

Dawn Doucette - Bella Amore
Rebecca Grafton - My Girlish Whims
Shelly Owen - Raziela Designs
Rachel Nielson - Adventures of a DIY Mom
Jennifer Priest - Hydrangea Hippo

16 comments:

Unknown said...

So unique....love your pieces.

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks Shelly! :)

Home improvement service said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Home improvement service said...

This design is very nice and attractive design.i like this design because it is different from other design so i said that thank you for your helpful post.for jewelry please visit mens-emerald-skull-rings


saidur said...

Actually i want to say that your blog is best for design.i visited many blog but not find what i wanted.now i found in your blog.thanks for your valuable post.If you want you can visit
diamond-skull-money-clips



David Millar said...


Perfect piece of work you have done, this site is really cool with fantastic info.
background removal service

kristinahojholt said...

I want to show my thanks to this writer for bailing me out of this incident. After browsing through the online world and coming across solutions which were not powerful, I thought my life was over. Living without the solutions to the difficulties you've solved by way of your site is a serious case, as well as those which might have in a wrong way damaged my career if I had not noticed the website. Your own ability and kindness in taking care of every item was helpful. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't encountered such a point like this. I am able to at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time very much for the professional and results-oriented help. I won't hesitate to recommend the blog to any individual who would like care on this subject.
best homeware shops online

William said...

thank you for this beautiful article
special thanks

silver jewelry

Daylene Gaines said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Firefox. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Cheers
Wood Puzzle Online

Vibe That Spot said...

fulani earrings
trufacebygrace
pearl bib necklace
african headpiece
beaded anklets
grace com

Lunajohnson said...

Beautiful post! I consider this jewelry looks gorgeous.


Opal Jewelry

Anonymous said...

You have shared an exciting blog regarding fashion jewelry. And the designs of necklaces are exquisite & attractive. Thank you for sharing this blog. Three Stone Rings

james said...

Great Post!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. This is more helpful for find the best and unique quality of Unique Women's Lingerie for women or girls.

Christy Bryan said...

Thanks, I am really happy with these great tips. We create modern classics in long-lasting materials. Jewellery designed to be worn all day, every day, at prices that allow you to indulge. Please get more details on hoops with charms.

Ahesanali Jangrala said...

telemedicine applications
how to develop a telemedicine app

Joie Kate said...

Impressive blog! Your passion for jewelry shines through in every article. Let's try most trendy jewelry at ItsHot fine jewelry.