Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The ultimate contrast: Swarovski crystals & pipe cleaners


OMG, I am totally loving this awesome contrast!  

When I bought a huge bag of these colorful pipe cleaners at Hobby Lobby, officially called "Spiral Chenille Stems" I figured I would just play around with them until the novelty of the bright colors and the quirky spiral wore off.

Sometimes I just like to play with good old fashioned craft supplies for their stress relieving properties. 

It just so happened I had these amazing Swarovski spikes laying out on my table too. I got curious about what the stems might look like with beads strung on and twisted around as a focal piece. 

To be perfectly honest, it was a week night and I was too tired to dig and sort through all my beads so I just opened the package at hand. Haha, who knew...laziness paid off!!

Once I added the clasp to the pink bracelet and had it on my wrist I discovered I needed to try another combo. Now I have one for each wrist.

Actually each of these combinations work for different reasons. The pink bracelet with the giant spikes feels a little rebellious. The purple chenille stem bracelet with the smaller Swarovski spikes is more surprising and fun than rebellious.

Yes, for some reason I seem to get an emotional response from jewelry. Need an extra helping of confidence, put on a strong piece of jewelry. Too much seriousness in my life, grab something colorful and youthful. 

Cheap therapy, right?

Glad I had a chance to share! I would love to hear your ideas for other quick and easy ways to use these chenille stems in jewelry making. :) 

2 comments:

Daylene Gaines said...

I as well as my friends have already been going through the best recommendations found on your web site and so at once got an awful feeling I had not thanked the website owner for them. Most of the guys are actually as a consequence glad to read all of them and have in effect in fact been using these things. Appreciation for getting quite kind as well as for making a choice on certain smart resources millions of individuals are really eager to learn about. My personal honest regret for not expressing appreciation to earlier.
giftware online shop

MichaelCrain said...

Thank you, I've just been looking for information about this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you positive about the supply? coastal decor wholesale