Sunday, February 9, 2014

Looking for Sunshine...

I'm missing the warmth of the sun these days so when I came across this pack of Cousin Shamballa beads, I actually perked up and felt my mouth turn into a smile.

Funny how just a color can do that to you! 

I was dreaming about all the jewelry I could make with a few packs of this fun bead mix. 

To be honest, I was feeling a bit selfish by thinking I would HAVE to make a bracelet for sure. 

Necklaces are wonderful and obviously worn to round out an outfit to give you a put together look, give you comfort to know you have this object around your neck or just to share with others to make them happy.

The thing is, if YOU need to see it, you need to look in the mirror. So, the secret to sharing the happiness of beads with yourself is by making a BRACELET!

These would be nice on memory wire, in fact, you could just string them on as is and add a few filler beads and voila! 

What do you think?  

2 comments:

Debrafide said...

Thank you for your post, I agree and I love to put colour into my jewellery and some days, I just need a bright pop of colour or just sparkly in my bracelet design to make my heart sing. Last year I made a crystal glass collection: necklace, bracelet and earrings that I just loved the look of when I completed it although I don’t actually get to see the necklace all the time when I am wearing it and I found myself walking past a mirror and being surprised at the effect that I had created and it really gave my jewellery making and creativity a confidence boost. I am with you on making bracelets for your enjoyment. StayCreative&Happy

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks Debrafide! You are so right about the confidence boost when you catch a glimpse of your work and it gives you that tingly feeling. :) Great comment, thanks so much for sharing!