Monday, February 8, 2016

Just add sparkle!


Sometimes when looking at jewelry pieces like the pendant and scroll connectors below, I see them with added sparkle. It's an automatic response in my head. It occurred to me yesterday that I don't always consider it as receiving inspiration, I just take it for granted.

So, today I'm sharing gratitude not only for receiving inspiration, but also for having all the supplies needed to make what I saw in my head, YAY! This Cousin pendant and connectors were practically made for each other and I was so glad to find them in my bead stash! Not to mention the Swarovski flat backs and 6mm mini rounds in amethyst.
                                       



I was a little nervous about gluing on the flatbacks since most of my flatback experience has been with hotfix flatbacks. 
I set up my little work area starting with the supplies below: pendant still attached to package, Beacon Gem-Tac glue, glue holder (cap from my bottle of water), headpin for applying the glue, tweezers and fabulously sparkly Swarovski flatbacks! As I mentioned in my last post, this craft glue is perfect for projects like this and does not have a strong chemical smell at all which is a total bonus! 

It went so fast and the headpin was the perfect size to dot glue for these tiny little flatbacks. It was a breeze. I finished all the gluing and set everything aside for a couple days before connecting all the pieces...so easy!

If you've been wanting to try a project like this, I encourage you to just do it! I was proud of myself when it was finished. Happy that I didn't let my fear and inexperience get in the way!

After I finished this project, I started gluing flatbacks on lots of things, including winter gloves as mentioned in my last post.

I'd love to see your flatback projects too. Just leave a link in the comments. :) 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our mutual friend, Tammy Powley talked you up in connection with a unique and I might say provocative career opportunity she knows I'm looking to fill. I'd love to at least get your thoughts on it and tried to connect with you on LinkedIn. Any chance we can have a conversation in the next several days?