Friday, September 25, 2009

Featured Designer: The Beading Gem

This week's featured designer is Pearl (yes, her real name!) of The Beading Gem's Journal. I feel as though I have received a well rounded bead, jewelry, design, fashion, etc. education by reading her blog posts.

I am a subscriber to her Journal so I receive her posts as emails on pretty much a daily basis!! It is one of the highlights of my day, weekdays especially. When I am in work mode, it's great to take a lunch break and scroll through emails on my phone to read her posts. It helps remind me of the creative side of life in the middle of the hustle and bustle.

Pearl is part of a Bead Sisterhood and their work is available, by designer, on their website. You can also follow her adventures on twitter. She provides tutorials, history, info on giveaways and LOTS of focus on fellow artisans. (Where do you find all of this great work Pearl??!)

Here are just a handful of COOL things I have learned from The Beading Gem's Journal:
High tech crystal jewelry (I blogged about this previously because I ordered the USB bracelet the same day!)


Pearl, you are amazing! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful information and insight!!

7 comments:

Duchess of Tea said...

Simply divine, I like it. Darling, I came by to wish you a lovely and sunny weekend.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

The Beading Gem said...

Thanks so much for the feature article! It made MY day! I enjoy writing and am delighted to have readers who appreciate what I do.

Mikki said...

Lisa, thanks so much for featuring such a wonderful designer and blogger....I'm now following the blog.

Jennifer Taylor said...

Beautiful jewelry.

Kokopelli said...

I follow Pearl's blog now for about a year and I love reading it. Simply great! Thanks Pearl! And thanks Lisa for featuring this fellow artist and blogger! :-)

Azure Accessories said...

Great post...I've been following Pearl for quit some time now and very much enjoy her blog...you never know what she will introduce, but her post are always interesting...she has a truly one of a kind blog and she is a great jewelry designer on top of that!

Cheers

Stephanie said...

I such a fan of The Beading Gems Journal. I too highlighted Pearl's blog on my blog because her articles are so fantastic -definately don't want to miss out on any of them!